Subject: Re: [Leica] TWO AMAZING PHOTOS
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:55:23 -0400

> I find it absolutely astounding that my post yesterday about the two
> incredible photos on page one of the NY Times drew a total of TWO
>
> My point here isn't to be "hurt" that my post was ignored, but to find it
> absolutely astounding that a post attempting to elicit a discussion of
> current - as in TODAY's photography - gets essentially no response, when
> every other subject does....makes me wonder what people use all their
> expensive Leica equipment for.....;-)
>
> B. D.

Yes that is amazing. I have no answer other than people find it easier to
talk about camera equipment, airports, scotch, watches, the future of Leica,
toothbrushes, digital and many other things other than pictures. I dunno
maybe we do not feel qualified to talk about photographs. It has become very
tiresome reading the inane 1-liners which most posts seem to contain.

It is disturbing that over on the Street Photo group we initially started
with much discussion of photos, photographers and techniques, seems to now
be headed in the direction of LUG Lite.

I am becoming weary of all these groups and is starting to be a waste of my
time for about three hours (or more) everyday.

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net