Subject: Re: [Leica] Visiting Sydney with Leica
From: Kevin Leong <kevinl@ind.tansu.com.au>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:57:52 +1100

Just to keep this on topic: Leica gear is expensive and hard to find in
Australia so bring whatever you need. The same applies for just about any
photographic supplies, even with the new, improved, devalued Australian dollar
e.g. a roll of professional slide film is about AUD$20. Oh yeah, and if you
don't already know, carry on all your unexposed/unprocessed film so that it
doesn't get zapped by the post-Olympic-X-Ray equipment. :-)

Terence and Patricia wrote:

> We'll try to get to the Taronga Park Zoo, the Blue Mountains and endeavour
> to have seafood at Jordans 'cos our national pastime is eating :-)

Well, in terms of food, there's a lot of variety in Sydney but I think the
quality may not quite match what Singapore has to offer. While Singaporean food
is influenced by Portugese, South Indian, South Chinese, Malaysian and
Indonesian cuisine, the styles here are more from North India, Japan, Italy,
Greece, Vietnam, Thailand and increasingly, Northern China (but thankfully, not
English :-). There's far too much to say about food in Sydney so perhaps you
can give me a call when you get here and I can give you a few pointers - I'll
send you some contact details off the list.

- --
    Kevin Leong
    Telstra Future e-Development
    Phone: +61-2-9206-3474  Fax: +61-2-9281-1301
    TFN: 3453-7577-2424

Replies: Reply from "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Visiting Sydney with Leica (off-topic and long))
Reply from "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Visiting Sydney with Leica)