Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL .58 accurate with a Noctilux?
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 08:54:52 -0700

Real world, maybe, maybe not.  Some photogs may find it easier than others (ain't
that always the case).

By searching LUG archives, you will find a number of .72 photogs who switched to the
M3 or .85 because they had difficulty focusing the Noct consistently accurate with
the .72 finder.    In fact, Leica's publicly stated rational for introducing the .85
was for the increased focusing accuracy of the super speed lenses, for the photogs
who believed they needed it.   Now Leica has introduced a new .58 finder they want
to sell, and surprise, it's fine for the Noct too.   hmmm.

By my calculations, the .72 finder has a EBL 25% longer than the .58.   The M3 has a
EBL 20% greater than the .72.

For those opened minded to tools, the Konica Hexar RF's effective baseline length is
almost identical to the Leica's .58, but is slightly greater with a magnification of
.6 and the same rangefinder base.

Stephen Gandy