Subject: [Leica] RE: [Leica] the leicaness of leica WAS Erwi n, photographic technique
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:36:44 +0100

John,

What was it about Washingborough (Lincs.) that took you there?
I grew up in the Lincolnshire fens and I think that you have managed to see
beyond the visitor's perspective of simple boredom.

Regarding the argument about formats being suited for types of photography.
I showed a publisher a hand made book of pictures I'd taken in The Orkney
Islands, they were mostly medium distance landscapes. His response was that
they would have been better done on medium format. Perhaps there was a
little too much grain for him, I'm not sure, but he commented on the
format, not the picture/print quality. It struck me as both insightful (to
the business) and yet perverse (the content wouldn't change) at the same
time.

Jem