Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Film at the Airport
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 09:12:37 -0600

The new technology in x-ray scanners ‹ where a low energy initial scan can
be followed by an operator directed, film killing, high energy, narrow focus
x-ray ‹ is now starting to be installed in carry-on baggage x-ray machines*.
There are very few machines out there as of yet but they will easily get
through a couple of film shield bags. I guess you could double wrap in
sheets of lead but the security chap(ette)s might get a little excited about
that.

John Collier

source: PopPhoto