Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina visitors...R you experienced?
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 2 Oct 2000 07:52:34 -0700

On Mon, 02 October 2000, Dan Cardish wrote:

> I realize that there are many people on the LUG who appreciate the largish
> size of the R8.  But what I had in mind were those people (such as myself)
> who value the compact size of the M6, and would appreciate a similarly
> sized and equipped reflex camera.  Perhaps even sharing the same lens
> mount?   (arghhhh......the flames, the flames!)
>
> dan c.

IMHO an SLR sized like an M would need a viewfinder at one end of the body like an M in order to leave room for the right hand - and an M-mount on an SLR?  I'd like to see what the camera designers do with the mirror.  I'm not saying it's impossible but an M-like SLR would present some interesting design challenges.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.