Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT: Film at the Airport or how I learned to love TheBomb
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 21:20:28 -0400

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:01:22 -0700 (PDT), Brougham
<brougham3@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Apparently if one handles explosives they'll have residue on their
>> fingers so that when they latch up the bag the residue is left on the
>> catch or any pieces that you handle to put in the bag.
>
>I've never understood this.  So we're only trying to catch the dumb
>terrorists?  Those who don't wear gloves?  :)

Ah, but:  Semtex->gloves->bag as well.  I've had my camera bag sniffed
like that at a couple of airports.  They didn't find anything :-)

I wonder if they'd just keep on doing it if the equipment broke down?
Just tell the passengers what they're about to do, and watch for
people who get sweaty.

Paul