Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 12:42:49 -0700

Jem Kime wrote:

> Rob,
> this jogged my mind to an awful article in 'Amateur Photographer' this last
> week, where they attempted to compare a budget and 'pro' version of two
> Nikon zooms to explore the difference.
> On the second page we were shown two very similar pictures, both with
> sections magnified, and below them the captions revealing that both
> pictures were taken hand held! It really beggars belief!
> I know that doesn't answer your question at all but I couldn't resist
> sharing it with you all.
>
> Jem

The inference correctly being that all you are testing is your own hand held technique.
The better glass could be illustrated as softer because that shot was not held
as still as the other.
That said i think if you had two slide pages laid out on the same light table
both shot of the same situation the same time you could in most cases see which
lens was better.
But If they were close than bring out the sand bagged large tripods!
markwr

Replies: Reply from Kevin H <kevin@2image.com> (Re: [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique)