Subject: Re: [Leica] Color vs B&W
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:54:25 +0200

Hi Tina,

IMHO (I insist), it's not the good question or we are not the good people to
ask. The real question is "What do you mean with this picture?". If you want
too show how the life of this girl is hard with her torn dress and her mid
sad/happy smile, choose the B&W version. If you mean that, even during hard
time life goes on and you met a fine and cute (despite all) girl, choose the
color one.

Or if the picture is a simple portrait, ask the girl.

For the kind of documentary picture you make, there is no such thing as a
more pleasant version. There is only the photographer's intentions.

All the best,

- ---
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)