Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina products...
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:03:50 -0400

SNIPPED:
For me , a III f with an M mount would be the coolest " Newstalgia " camera
Leica could build . A very usefull lovely thing . I'd even sleep with this
one !
Regards
Jo GOODTIMES                             France

Actually, I myself would like to see a rebirth of the IIIg and with a
metering cirsuit where the ST would have been- With a removable M mount-
adapter ring actually, so that you could enjoy ALL the leica lenses, and the
IIIg, while having the 'retro' look of theIIIf, would have the better VF and
the M3 style shutter. Now that would be a relic worht owning.
From what I see of the Null Serie camera, it is usable, and as close to the
original as they can make it, but in my humble opinion, way way overpriced-
probably for the collector market. Unfortunately, the demand for such an old
style camera appeals only to a relatively few of us Leicaphiles, and no
doubt the economies of scale don't play a part!
The Null Serie is, however, a very interesting camera, and if they are
making the leather cases for it, I wish they'd fit the IIIf I have! !!! I
wonder if the Null Serie is the same size exactly as the original, or is it
the same as the IIIc,f,g series? I wouldn't mind a new case!!!
Dan ( Not entirely bereft....) Post