Subject: [Leica] re:What do you think?
From: "Timothy R. Kuntz" <covbldrs@usit.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 08:36:01 -0400

re:
>LUGnuts -
>What do you think?
>http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/photo.htm
>Leica R6.2, 100/2.8
>Leically,
>Tina

Two different pictures.  Not necessarily two different negatives.  But the statement of the two is markedly different.  The color shot is upbeat but serious.  B&W is serious with cause to wonder.  Both have imense depth - my mind seeks out what and why - but with no definitive answers.  Great shot(s) well rendered.

Most of my photography now-a-days is with a digital camera - in a VERY abrasive environment (our company makes brake pads).  I don't dare take my Leica into that environment.  It's been great fun to get back into taking pictures and teaching others to do so.  (I am the TPM - Total Productive Manufacturing Coodinator - with responsibilities of changing the culture of the process of manufacturing - building ownership of the production folks for the equipment they run.)

Part of the fun is getting the managers to participate in reconditioning the equipment - clearly in a world they don't enjoy on a day-to-day basis.  (Some of us are saving a particularly nasty-dirty piece of equipment for one of the most 'loved' manager.)

This board is great (except for a few immature flames now and then) - the pictures of people on the streets and folks in their environment have been exciting - helpful to building sets of pictures of workers and their equipment.

Warmest regards,
  Timothy Kuntz

33 N.W. Sixth Street        covbldrs@usit.net
Pulaski, Virginia  24301    540-980-4874

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] re:What do you think?)