Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: meaningless photography and...
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:40:02 +0100

>Yes, but what I am referring to is her writing style, not her real or
>imagined importance.

imo, her style is fairly typical for the genre (critical theory), and is no
more pompous than that of the hordes of academic critics working in the
same field.

where she differs from the pack, i'd say, is in the originality of her
insights and in her provocative rhetorical stance; she forces you to take a
position (as opposed to most who are content to merely 'prove' that they
are right - after all, they've got to teach the unenlightened dullards).

for me, this makes her a little more interesting and thought provoking. not
unlike barthes, for example.

my proverbial .02.

guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] RE: meaningless photography and...)