Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses Old & New
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:45:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/00 10:01:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
daverk@email.msn.com writes:

<< The IIIf has a T
 shutter setting. I use it to keep the shutter open while I load...this helps
 a lot. >>

I believe that is the method recommended by Stephen Gandy.  Not very
effective with the II.  I have, however, developed my own tricky procedure,
after much trial and error.  Believe it or not, the leading edge of the film
seems to clear the crate much better if the film is moving, either forward or
backward (rewind).  This is admittedly not easy to do, but it is possible
with practice, like any number of LTM techniques.

Joe Sobel