Subject: [Leica] I'm back, and FOR SALE: superfluous 50mm's
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:24:10 -0400

Hi all!  I resigned from the list because it was swamping Pine, but now
that I'm on Eudora, I can send LUG tomes to a special mailbox, so I'm back.

I thought I'd update y'all on my growing collection of (user) Leicas.  I
now have a *perfect* DS M3, CLA'd by DAG (who is simply the best, period,
bar none).  It is the quietest camera I have ever owned:  quieter, I
believe, than my old Hexar (original version).  And significantly quieter
than my M4-P and my IIIc (although I love these two).  Did I mention I have
an M4-P and a IIIc?

I also had DAG tighten up the play on my Canon LTM 50/1.4 -- something
vaunted repairpeople failed to accomplish -- and it is now my favorite
lens, along with the 75mm Cosina/Voigt, and the 50 DR Summicron.

Since I now have *4* 50mm lenses, I thought I'd sell two of them.

So:

FOR SALE:

50mm LTM Summitar, Ex++
A lovely lens, and *sharp*.  If you're using a Leica III or a Canon thread
mount, this lens turns it into a pocket camera.

50mm collapsible Summicron, Ex / Ex+
A great shooter, but there's a very small amount of play, and if you look
closely, some brown discoloration on the very perimeter of the interior.  I
sent this to DAG, and he told me it was *not* separation:  simply the
glue.  He could clean it for me, but told me that it wasn't worth paying
him to do so -- it will not affect the image.  It will, however, affect the
price, so:

Make me an offer!

(I'd trade one or both for a nice Leica 35mm, Summaron, Summicron,
something good...)

cheers,

Douglas Cooper       The New Standard Gallery

Please note my new email address:
douglas@metaversalstudios.com

Laetitia:  Shall we set a new standard for the gallery?
Rose:     No, let us make the standard gallery new.