Subject: [Leica] Another Photokina Question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:33:03 -0600

I was wondering if anyone else tried the M motor. Tom A expressed his
disappointment in the fact that the shutter release bobs up and down but, as
that is internal in the camera, I fully expected it. Did anyone try one and
run it through all the speeds? Any jamming :-)? How noisy is it and is the
noise high frequency (like a Hexar RF) or low frequency (like the M winder)?
Is there a significant difference in noise between the two speeds in noise?
Does it vibrate the camera like the old winder? Any comments would be
greatly appreciated by this person who loves his Ms but misses his MD-4.

John Collier