Subject: Re: [Leica] Bouncing baby M6 TTL
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:57:28 +0200

Simon Stevens wrote:

> There is one problem with TTL flash I will have to solve and that is the
> fact the adaptor uses up the accessory shoe. So where do I put the
> finder if I use my Heliar? Maybe I can find a plastic accessory shoe to
> glue on to the top of the adaptor, but that's a pretty ugly fix. Or I
> could just leave the Heliar to the M4-P, but that's also clumsy when I'm
> working. Any suggestions?

Simon,

If you want to use your SF20 with the M6TTL +  viewfinder 24 or
28mm, (SF20 limit is 24mm),
there is a solution in the Pentax accessories list :
<http://www.pentax.com/accessory.jhtml?accessoryType=Access>
(There are pictures of the following accessories)

You will need :
- - 2 Hot Shoe Adapters F (Catalog No.:31022 Hot Shoe Adapter)
- - 1 Extension Cord F - 5P (Catalog No.: 37347 Extension Cord F5P)

1) Put the Hot Shoe Adapter on the camera
2) Slide the Viewfinder on the Hot Shoe
3) Plug the Extension cord on the side of the Shoe Adapter
4) Plug the other end of the cord on the other Hot Shoe Adapter
5) Put you SF20 on that adapter AFTER a slight modification
of the shoe*.

* You will have to remove from the adapter what prevent the
foot of the SF 20
to slide totally inside the shoe.
(5 minutes of work)

WARNING: Don't put the extended adapter foot directly on a
metallic shoe like
on the Leitz CTOOM bracket. Put black tape on it first.
(Because of the 4 contacts)

Hope it helps.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Bouncing baby M6 TTL)