Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 35 mm M lens
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:06:56 -0600

If you search the archives you will find many posts on this very question.
The archives are at:

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/

Any lens choice is a compromise and only you can decide best what suits you.
If I was photographing mainly outdoors and seldom above f5.6, I would choose
the f3.5 or 2.8 and put the money saved into film. I had the latest design
of 35/2 non-asph and was very happy with it except for the fact that it
would not turn to f1.4! I sold it and bought a 35/1.4 asph and am very happy
with its capabilities (though somewhat disappointed in my own). The
advantage of buying used, user mechanics, clean optics Leica lenses, is that
they hold their value and are easy to sell if you decide you want something
better suited to your needs.

John Collier