Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz glass and APX 25
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:55:16 -0700

Jason Hall wrote:

> Mark
>
> I followed the thread on rec.photo.darkroom too...havent tried Tech
> Pan in Rodinal but Ive been told the contrast is v high in anything
> other than Technidol.  Ive just been taking pics of craters on the
> moon with Tech Pan, sadly no Leica glass they dont make a 1200mm f8 -
> 6" reflector and I couldnt afford it if they did, the Tech
> Pan/Technidol worked nicely though.
>
> Tech Pan is just so damn expensive here compared to APX25.
>
> Jason Hall
>
> > Panatomic-X  (at asa 50) was my film from 1975-85 T Max 100 was a
> pitiful replacement
> > but Delta 100 in Xtol 1:30 might even even be better.
> > It was nice to have APX25 there in case i ever wanted it but i never
> did.
> > The Delta 100 has become my high res film because of Xtol. (I don't
> think it
> > likes Rodinal)
> > Anybody try tech pan in Rodinal 1:100?
> > Markwr

If it can't be done just by dilution I have a whole chapter in my Dignan book
and I think also another book which deals with low contrast film developers
which would do the job and would not be too hard to mix up.
So I have no big problem with tech pan.
I used to use a lot of it when it was called "high contrast copy film" same
exact stuff.
I did stick to low contrast subject matter for texture screens and that was
fairly easy to do.
It might have been Erwin who was into the stuff and with Rodinal...and a filter
to correct for hypersensitive reds... my trusty yellow green should work.
Mark