Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz glass and APX 25
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:22:03 -0700

Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

> Dear LUG, I am dismayed to learn that Agfa APX 25 is being discontinued.  I
> have always liked using slow films outdoors so I could utilize my Leica
> lenses at or near their optimum aperture, without having to shoot through
> ND filters.  How do the rest of you feel about this?  Panatomic-X was my
> favorite film for years until Kodak killed it, and now another choice is
> going. (sigh)
>
> Alan Magayne-Roshak

Panatomic-X  (at asa 50) was my film from 1975-85 T Max 100 was a pitiful replacement
but Delta 100 in Xtol 1:30 might even even be better.
It was nice to have APX25 there in case i ever wanted it but i never did.
The Delta 100 has become my high res film because of Xtol. (I don't think it
likes Rodinal)
Anybody try tech pan in Rodinal 1:100?
Markwr

Replies: Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leitz glass and APX 25)