Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm f.2 Summicron ASPH vs 35mm f1.4 Summilux ASPH
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:33:03 -0700

There is no aspheric 50 Summicron.  The curent model is the same optical
design that's been around for some 20 years, and it's a darn good lens.  So
the asph/non-asph arguments about the 35mm Summicron don't apply here.  If
you decide to get a 50 'cron, either the current model (sliding lens hood,
no focus tab) or the previous model (removable hood, focus tab) would be
fine.  They're optically identical, differing only in the ergonomics.  Many
people (including me) like the previous version better.

Paul