Subject: [Leica] Re: I need help from Mom (was 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide)
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:43:20 -0400

You folks are doing this the hard way. When I want a new lens I TELL my
wife. "I wish I had a Noctilux (or 100 macro or whatever) Then SHE buys it
for me.

Ken Wilcox

At 9:07 AM -0400 9/27/0, Tina Manley wrote:
>At 05:10 AM 9/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>Tina "Mom" Manley wrote:
>>
>> > Husbands shop for cameras, cars, cigars and conceal them from the
>> > wives.
>>
>>Dear Mom,
>>
>>I need help.  I've only been married 3 years, so I'm not yet wise in
>>the ways of concealing.  My wife never digs through my camera bag, so
>>that's not a problem.  My quandary is our garage.  She's no longer
>>buying that I cleaned up all the junk and put it under a tarp.  When
>>the new license plates came in the mail, she started getting
>>suspicious.  She's noticed that sometimes when I go off to work, our
>>car is still in the garage, but the heap of junk under the tarp is
>>gone.
>

>You can do what my husband did.  I left on a trip to Central America and he
>bought a Mazda Miata convertible.  He showed up in it at the airport and
>claimed it was a gift for me!  After sitting in a canoe for 10 days, I had
>to sit on my camera bag and luggage all the way home from the
>airport.  Somehow it has turned out that he has been driving the Miata to
>work - just to check it out for me.  I'm not sure my R8 will fit in the
>trunk anyway!
>

>>What do I do?  More to the point, how many dresses do I need to buy
>>her, and should I let her pick out the shoes?  Last Christmas, I
>>already used the trick of cutting the tags out of her dress and
>>replacing them with ones that indicated the dress is a full size
>>smaller than what she normally wears.  I'm running out of ideas!
>

>NO!  Now she is supposed to buy the dresses for herself and conceal them
>from you.  When you admire a new dress, she will say, "This old
>thing!  I've had this for ages."
>
>My husband can't tell the difference between an M6 and an M3 so it's no
>problem when I buy new cameras or lenses unless I get something
>dramatically different like the N**** 990 that I just bought.  Then I can
>bring up the Miata that he bought without asking me!
>
>Mom
>Tina Manley, ASMP
>http://www.tinamanley.com

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: I need help from Mom (was 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide))