Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Just a Bad Experience in using flash with M6 TTL (What the manual said)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:23:00 -0700

> On 26 Sep 2000, at 13:39, Ted Grant wrote:
>
> > All that was necessary for this tripe to have been avoided was the
> > photographer in question who's flash stopped working due to battery
> > failure, wouldn't have had any complaint if "HE CARRIED A SPARE BATTERY!"
> >
> > Damn it, think about the stupidity of not carrying spare batteries, it
> > sure as hell would have avoided a great deal of dumb discourse this very day!

Rob Studdert responded:
> Do you always carry a bag with spare battery or do you have spare batteries
> sewn into all your day to day apparel? :-)<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Rob:

Here's the battery scoop! And I never leave home without them!

In the shoulder bag there's a plastic freezer bag with spare batteries
for the hand meter, whether I have it in the bag or not.  The M6.......
three spares for three camera bodies!

The R8's, even though powered by motor power pack, I have the normal
hand grip battery section that contains batteries which is removed when
the motor power pack is installed also in the freezer bag!  Two for two R8's!

There are also triple "A"'s for the small flashlight!  And the winner
is... special batteries for the "Acoustic Enhancers I wear in my ears! :-)

So how's that for a battery count down!  :-)

And yes if I go out with just one M6 I have spare batteries for the
meter.... just in case!  Along with a spare roll of film!

This all comes about due to experience of power failure many many years
ago! And I vowed never again to be caught without batteries.  Comes from
experience and not from some guys whining about how the camera was designed!

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: the endless f****** battery thread)