Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG poll WAS Minnie the moocha WAS sontag
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:31:36 -0400

on 27/9/00 5:20 pm, Robert Appleby at robert.appleby@tin.it wrote:

> "Recently, photography has become almost as widely practiced an amusement as
> sex and dancing..."
> <<<<<<
> Just shows how outdated Sontag looks nowadays. As Kyle can confirm, sex and
> dancing are by now simply pretexts for photography.

Okay, I propose a straw poll to test the empirical truth of Sontag's
observation. Please fill in the following form:

1.  Enter the number of rolls of film you exposed film last year  [   ]

2.  Enter the number of occasions on which you had sex last year       [   ]

3.  Enter the number of occasions you danced last year                 [   ]

Now subtract 2+3 from 1 and post the result to the group. I'll start.

My number is:

Three hundred and sixty four.

- --
Johnny Deadman