Subject: RE: [Leica] Suzy Q, again
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:42:53 -0700

"A troll" is typically a post that is intended solely to get a rise out of
readers.  Its intent is to challenge the accepted ethos of the readers, with
no real intent of fostering discussion.  The reason I used the word to
describe your Sontag posts is that they have (lately at least) contained
nothing that would have promoted discussion - just lists of out-of-context
quotes.

I would gladly discuss your thoughts on Sontag's perceptions of photography,
but for me to argue against out-of-context quotes seems a bit of a mug's
game.  Frankly, to each of the ones you just posted, the only reaction I had
was "Bullshit!"  To me, they seem not "unpleasantly true", but merely
unpleasant.  Nothing more than collection of pithy aphorithmth.

Paul