Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a Bad Experience in using flash with M6 TTL (What the manual said)
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:49:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/00 10:31:41 AM, jsjm6@cbn.net.id writes:

>I just found out last night actually it stated in page 38 of M6TTL manual:
>

>Important:
>
>In order to trigger and control the flash units connected by means of the
>
>accessory shoe or the eoaxial contact (x), the Leica M6 TTL must be loaded
>
>with batteries and the exposure meter must be switched on by lightly
>
>pressing the sutter release button.

Just like the Germans! . . . The Japanese make cameras with electronic
shutters that require a battery to operate but they still let you fire a
flash without a battery -- usign the one mechanical speed on the shutter. The
Germans give you a mechanical shutter that doesn't need a battery but won't
fire a flash without a battery. GEEEZ! How STUPID!