Subject: Re: [Leica] (Not-so-)Bad Experience in M6TTL with flash
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:25:44 -0700

Andrew Moore wrote:

> > The M6 TTL requires power to trigger the flash, whether you are in TTL or
> > A mode, or even manual mode.
>
> Oh no -- another reason for me to gripe about the changes between the
> TTL and its predecessor.  One thing I do love about the TTL's flash setup
> though, and it has saved me a couple times: if the shutter speed is faster
> than 1/50 (max sync), the flash is not triggered, and through the
> viewfinder I can see that the flash did not go off.  If I remember
> correctly, with the non-TTL, the flash fires at any shutter speed, and I'd
> never know that I was beyond the sync speed until I saw the (ruined)
> images.
>
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

I can't remember if I told the list how happy i am now with my Metz 32-Z2 not
that i got the dedicated shoe last week for it for the Leica TTL.
Whether I've got the 81a or B on the front of the lens or if I'm bouncing off
the ceiling or wall every slide on my test roll of E100 VS came out right on the money!

Yesterday I took off on a hike and in my Domke bag "F-5XB Shoulder & Belt Bag
Navy" with my M6 TTL and new 90 and in the next compartment the Metz 32-Z2 flash
with this new SCA 3501 TTL shoe (which cost a hundred bucks from Camera world) I
was able to shoot stuff which had some raw sunlight shining on it as I just
stopped the lens all the way down to F16 at 1/50 of a second. But that's within
a range of 9 feet at that F stop.
I'm back to TTL just like my old Nikon daze!
Mark William Rabiner