Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:46:35 +0100

The evaluation was done by Dr Stewart Bell who is recognised as one of the
best in the business (at least in the UK).  As for the Leica comparison, I
do not know what they are comparing, unless it it the widest Leica
available, which hardly seems fair.  On its own merits though the evaluation
seems to rate the lens as excellent.  I am sure a Leica 12mm would cost two
or three times the price and, at at such a wide angle, it would remain to be
seen if they could improve on the optical quality.  This must be getting
towards the raggedy edge.

Simon