Subject: [Leica] Leica 0
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:49:19 -0700

This may be off-topic due to the absence of LUGs on the Leica 0, but does
anyone know the anticipated production numbers for the Leica 0?  (And
remember, that's "0" as in mathematics, not "O" as in "boat," as my 7th
Grade math teacher would say!)

I saw posts a while back indicating 2500, but my dealer says they got two
litlle gnomes making it in a corner of the factory, and will continue
producing them at 200/year for as long as they get orders.  If the latter is
true, the collectible value could either be lower, or appreciation not to be
realized until after production ceases.

My dealer gave me a copy of p.15 of "Identifying Leica Cameras" which
pictures the Leica 0.  It states, "The model in the phoograph is one of a
very few copies of a perfect reproduction of the original made by Alberico
Arces of Treviso."  Since the picture is a dead-ringer for the one in the
Leica brochure, I wonder if Leica merely bought the tooling form Mr. Arces.
If so, LUGGERS need not feel slighted about diversion of scarce resources
from new designs!

Tom

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica 0)
Reply from "Steve Caspersen" <mectau@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica 0)