Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm, 90mm, and now 50 mm?
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:22:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/00 7:41:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcardish@microtec.net writes:

<< Not sure about you, but the photographs I take with a 35mm lens look so
 different from the ones shot with my 75mm that I can't even begin to
 compare them in terms of "quality". >>

Depending on one's point of view, this kind of response is either a truism or
an attempt to beg the question.  If the issue is to be framed in terms of
measurable or at least reasonably definable parameters such as resolution,
contrast, sharpness, scale, color rendition, saturation or depth, then
Erwin's reports should be carefully reviewed.  If the only concern is
relatively uniformity of visual quality from one lens to another, then the
inquiry may become more generalized.

Joe Sobel