Subject: Re: [Leica] Dumb M6 finder question
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:01:05 +0800

on 22/9/00 0:53, Bmceowen@aol.com at Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> I see old Leica M2 bodies offered for sale from time to time that supposedly
> have M6 viewfinders installed -- I gather that's what Leica has available to
> put in them. So, my question is: Would it be possible to install a high mag
> (.85) finder in some other Leica body?
>
> Bob

Bob,

The answer to your question is yes.  I have a soft spot for the M6 Titanium
and since it was only available with a 0.72 finder, I have subsequently had
a 0.85 and M6J finder fitted to my second and third M6 Titanium
respectively.  The conversion is not cheap, in the region of US$700.  Unless
the M2 in question has a defective finder, it would probably be cheaper to
buy a new M6 TTL 0.85 which now sells for under US$1,600, not to mention the
extra features and warranty you get with a new camera.

Hope this helps......

Regards,
Joseph