Subject: RE: [Leica] M6/ .58 and 28F2.0-M
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:14:27 -0700

Erwin has a review of the new 28 at
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/testm/m2-28.html

The .58 has 28, 35, 50, 75 and 90mm frame lines.  Its main purpose is to
give better eye relief for the 28 and 35 frames, to ease the suffering of
glasses wearers (lower magnification means a smaller visual angle for each
of the frame lines compared to the .72).  The 24mm lens  may be more usable
without an external finder, by guesstimating the edges, but there are no
super-wide frame lines.

For info on all the newly released gear, check out Leica's web site:
http://www.leica-camera.com/markt/photokina/neuheiten/index_e.html

Paul