Subject: RE: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:20:16 -0600

De: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>

snip

>I would like to see *real* data to support the placement of the flash mount
>over the rewind lever on the F3.  I'll shut up if someone can show me that,
>but until I see something other than someone's esoteric mindgames and
>speculative 'what if' scenarios in support of why the mount should go over
>the rewind lever, I'll continue to point it out as a bad design decision.

This is easy, at the time the F3 was designed, nobody used flash, so
it was not a problem. Anyone unmanly enough to try to use flash deserved
whatever they got. It was with the introduction of the F4 that the press
photographers cameras started to come with permanentley mounted flashes
and 80-200/2.8 lenses.

I never even considered buying a flash for my F3īs but I got an SB-25 the
same day as I got my F90.

/Anders Nygren