Subject: Re: [Leica] HEXAR RF Limited with 50/1,2 in 2001 ?
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:02:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/00 9:48:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbcollier@home.com writes:

<< The Hexar 35/2 lens is indeed a copy of the preasph Summicron. I have not
 done any comparisons myself but all the reviewers, including the bokeh nuts,
 thought Konica was successful. >>

Would that be the '69 design or the revered "last and final
never-to-be-repeated pre-aspheric"?  Don't know, much less care, about the
impressions of the reviewers or "bokeh nuts".  I am neither.  I bought the
camera in reliance upon what reviewers reported.  They evidently did not use
the camera the way I did.  What I can relate from experience is that another
photographer I know bought the Hexar when I did, and we compared notes.  We
both saw the same phenomena in the results.  We both sold our Hexars.  So
much for theory and second hand experience.

Joe Sobel