Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica sightings
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:37:09 -0400

I saw this fat guy in the Munich painting gallery (altes-pinakotek - sp?) with
an M6 and a Super-Angulon.

No, really, Jack Nicholson uses a IIIf? in "Chinatown" and if I recall, with a
telephoto.  Of course the noise is louder than the real thing.  Foley, you
know.

Bill Lawlor wrote:

> While watching last night's Olympics broadcast, I saw one M in
> photojournalistic use as one of the American male gymnasts was being helped
> off the floor.
>
> Any other sightings?
>
> Roy
>
> Thanks for reminding me of a sighting last week. I enjoyed a great
> German film, Aime and Jaguar, set in wwII Berlin. One of the
> characters often shoots with a beautiful LTM Leica. Only two
> technical erors: a flashbulb gun that repeats without reloading and a
> view through the finder that reveals that it is a secret wartime
> model that focuses exactly like a SLR. No rangefinder patch flare
> problems with that model. Great film, nevertheless.
>
> BillLawlor

Dante Stella
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante