Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:41:08 -0700

From: "Martin Howard" <howard.390@osu.edu>

> Lucien jotted down the following:
>
> >> Guigiaro was the industrial designer involved in the F3 project.  I
guess
> >> that placing the flash sync contacts over the rewind socket was his
> >> contribution of "genius" to that particular project...
> >

> > It was already like that on the Nikon F and F2.
>
> So, is that an excuse for letting the stupidity continue? ;)
>
> M.

The reason for the flash shoe on the rewind knob is that the F, F2 and F3
have a removable prism. If the camera is to be used with a waist-level
finder, the shoe seems to be placed in the most logically unobtrusive
location. So it is not stupidity nor genius. It is a matter of necessity.
I do however wonder about the "genius" of denigrating other's ideas and
motives without considering all the facts.

Joe C

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (RE: [Leica] Meta Photokina)