Subject: [Leica] Tina's daughter's website
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:51:07 -0500

Tina,

Whether she is deserving of your M-4 or not may not be the best way of
putting it...

I would be more concerned whether the M-4 will help her develop her vision
more at this point or be a stumbling block in her current path...  Having
too many eq choices or learning RF and SLR at the same time may confuse
things further...

Second... I'm one who believes that things that are earned are much more
valuable than ones that are given...  And sometimes as a parent it is better
to let kids earn things or sell it at a reduced price like an M-4 than to
give it outright.... besides that...  can she afford the lenses???  Kids
that are given everything tend to be more arrogant and spoiled later on in
life and tend to expect to be given things or certain levels of service
etc...  Besides that People tend to take better care of things that are
earned and paid for than gifts....

But you know your daughter and her boyfreind better than anyone else on the
LUG..

As a minor quible on the site.... I really do not like photo websites where
you have to go click on numbered image names and then click on the back
button after viewing every image....  I tire of doing that quickly and am
much more likely to leave the site before viewing everything as I did with
your daughters...  But I tire faster with more artsy images like the diner
series...

Either way... I'd think more about the other issues above than whether her
work is worthy of your old M-4..

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador