Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Just got an R6
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:42:11 -0400

George Huczek jotted down the following:

>> 3.) I thought it had mirror lock up.  This isn't that big of a deal but if
>> it has it I wish I could figure out how.
> There is a small threaded socket on the side of the lens mount.  Thread in
> an ordinary tripod cable.  Depressing the cable release will lock up the
> mirror.  You can also get a release adapter.  It is small and convenient,
> but, like everything Leica, is expensive.

Use a paper clip that you've straightened out one of the edges off.  Works
fine.  Cheaper than Leica's (probably) industrial design-award winning
thingamejibb that does the same thing...  (and thanks to the LUGGER who put
me onto this trick!)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | iSue          iOn         iGnorance