Subject: [Leica] Re: Just got an R6
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:22:33 -0600

At 12:41 PM 19/09/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I recently acquired my first Leica SLR, a R6.  Couple of simple questions.
>
>1.) How do I turn on the VF red light without turning on the self timer?  Or
>am I missing something.
Maybe I'm missing something.  Select the metering pattern (selective or
full-field).  Press down half-way on the shutter release button.  The
lights inside the VF will go on.  You need batteries in the camera for this
to work.  Pressing the test button for battery check will also work, as
will pressing the shutter release button on the motor drive.  (I hope this
answers your question.  I'm not sure what you were asking.)

>2.) Does this have TTL flash, and if so what set up do I need.
An SCA 351 adapter will work.

>3.) I thought it had mirror lock up.  This isn't that big of a deal but if
>it has it I wish I could figure out how.
There is a small threaded socket on the side of the lens mount.  Thread in
an ordinary tripod cable.  Depressing the cable release will lock up the
mirror.  You can also get a release adapter.  It is small and convenient,
but, like everything Leica, is expensive.