Subject: Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:51:10 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 5:33:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, simon@sclamb.com
writes:

<< I guess that is the real benefit of 6x6 format,
 you can decide the shape of the finished product (provided you allowed
 enough in the image area to have the choice in the first place).  Of all the
 portraits that I have done with the Hassy nearly everyone has asked for the
 finshed print to be in square format - it seems to convey a softer and less
 formal image.

I have to confess that I have always enjoyed working with 6x6.  I still have
a couple of  Rollei TLR's and a Super Ikonta B - doing it on the cheap.  The
2.8 Zeiss lenses are good enough for available light work, with some of the
new emulsions.  Especially, the RF works well in dim light.  So why did the
Robot, with its 24x24 mm format, fade away?

Joe Sobel

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size)