Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica collector's or user's camera
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:57:14 -0400

LUGers,
I can't resist commenting on the Japanese amplifier. Wow, silver wire. I never cease to be amazed at the gullibility of stereo enthusiasts. The conductivity of copper, gold and silver are, for all practical purposes, identical. Check any textbook on that one. I wonder what they use for tubes since there are really only two sources for tubes anymore - Russia and China. The whole thing just boggles the mind.

The other thing is that when you get to a point life where you can afford this sort amplifier, your hearing won't be the same as when you're in your teens. How can you possibly tell the difference between this oriental marvel and a system of more modest cost?

All the best

Kurt
Ann Arbor