Subject: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH and pre-ASPH BOKEH
From: Ben Eden <beneden@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:15:20 +0200

Thanks for the BOKEH comments so far, especially for Buzz's opinion (and for
his reminding me to watch my wallet, too.) I will either get another latest
pre-ASPH (and no, I don't have the last lens ever made, just one of the
latest version) right away or shoot film with my 35/2 and the ASPH side by
side before I go for the new one. The one thing that keeps me lusting the
ASPH is that at f2, the ASPH has noticeably higher resolution - easy to see
at first glance through the loupe. Of course, it's at f2 where bokeh is at
its most important, since usually only a small part of the picture is in
perfect focus. So I guess I will have to shoot more film.. hate testing. I
was hoping someone did it already. BTW, I can confirm the negative opinion
on 35/1,4 ASPH's bokeh. Sorry have no scans to share.  Regards, Ben Eden