Subject: Re: [Leica] Features or basics
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:07:17 -0700

Jem Kime wrote:

> Mark,
> Selenium meters weren't introduced for Leica users by 1924, they arrived in 1933.
> Prior to this there had been 4 specially produced (for use with Leicas) Extinction meters.
> Just like the dinosaurs and the dodos they, along with the Leica O, also became extinct.
> Who knows what the ressurection of the Leica O will do? Rather like Jurassic Park in some ways...
>
> Jem

Well did those Extinction meters work?
Wore they a lot worse than Selenium.
Also auxiliary rangefinder is an issue.
My first camera with adjustments was a Voigtländer Vito BL.
I put a Leica rangefinder on the top in the she and got a much higher percentage
of shots.
Wish i had that now for my Rollei 35.
People will want one for their 0. I know many different ones were made from many
different designs.
Otherwise it's hard to shoot now stopped now and get it in focus.
Maybe their come out with one and it will work with laser beams!
Yea, that's the ticket! Shoot out "laser" beams.
Markwr