Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm, 90mm, and now 50 mm?
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:01:06 -0500

Bego,
I use a 50mm lux with my 35mm ASPH cron. I find the extra f-stop useful
and usually need that capability more when using the 50mm lens (more of
a head and shoulder lens for people). I bought my chrome version used 20
years ago. The lens is brilliant and sharp at f4 and above and really
allows me to isolate people from their backgrounds at f1.4. I'm not at
all disappointed in the sharpness of the lens, although everyone raves
about the 50mm cron as the sharpness standard (sorry I can't compare
them for you). For much of what I do, "sharpness" is not the critical
part of the photograph. For low light work, the extra stop is great.

Regards,
Roger