Subject: Re: [Leica] Features or basics
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:50:39 +0200

"Lee, Jonathan" wrote:

> But you miss the point that marketing missteps, which I believe the Leica O
> is, will have an impact on the company as a whole and will affect the
> ability of Leica to invest more in the continuous improvement of the
> rangefinder camera and the design of newer, better (lighter?!)lenses.  Every
> $ that went into the Leica O, form its marketing, design to manufacturing
> process, is a $ that has been taken away from other aspects of Leica camera.

Jonathan,

Do you really think Leica is making the Leica O to loose money.
I don't think they can play that game for the moment.

I think it's the reverse which is true.
The are making the Leica 0 for good cash in order to invest
it in R&D.
The same as they did with Millennium M6.

And what are the M6TTL 0,58 and the 28/2 ASPH if they are
not a"continuous improvement of the rangefinder camera and
the design of newer, better (lighter?!)lenses" ?

Don't worry, they will continue to improve both the camera
and the lenses in the future.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Features or basics)