Subject: Re: [Leica] wristwatches
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 15 Sep 2000 10:11:14 -0700

On Fri, 15 September 2000, Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

<SNIP>
> I expect only one thing from a watch -- to
> be able to look at it and know what time it is. Any watch that fails to
> perform this basic task is a piece of junk -- no matter what it costs . . .
>
> Bob (wears a Seiko quartz) McEowen

"Man with one watch knows what time it is.  Man with two watches not sure."

It doesn't matter much to me if I'm 5 minutes late or 5 minutes and 20 seconds late.  A rough idea is good enough.  There are plenty opportunites to re-synchronize with the rest of the world.  The trick is to include enough extra time into my daily life to allow for traffic snarls, a kid's tantrums or the marvelous light on the meadow.  For the vast majority of us, how precise a timepiece do we really need?  If you do need +/- 2 sec precision per month, is that lifestyle doing you any good?

Doug (battered Timex) Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.