Subject: [Leica] Incident vs. Reflected
From: Bryant <tbryant@wizard.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:40:05 +0000 ()

Hi Luggers,

> This one I don't understand.  What's the difference between manually moving
> the shutter speed until the 'needle (diode) matches, or letting the camera
> set it?  Unless the camera is a poor design, the AE should become rather
> intuitive.  You should be able to meter and lock the exposure

    I wasn't much better with a Gossen Luna Pro, which I invariably used in
reflected mode.  My "Hit" rate really went up when I switched to an incident
meter.

    There's a reason that most hollywood film studios use incident meters.

    There's a good article about metering in the LUG archives, by Fred Ward:

    http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica/meter.html

    Tom