Subject: Re: [Leica]Xpan and such
From: MTomalty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:36:52 EDT

Hi Jim

I've had one for about a year now and can attest to its quality.
As mentioned,Fuji makes some pretty decent lenses and my Xpan
came equipped with the 45mm.Very sharp!
It's a really nice little camera but for some reason I don't use
it a whole lot.Maybe it's the built in motor,aperature-priority meter,
DX reader,or some other whizz bang eee-lectronic feature??? Who knows :>))
I have used it primarily for landscape work but a few people I know who
also use one for reportage work have some difficulty with achieving
accurate focus with wider aperatures and closer focus.
There is a 90mm available and they recently released a wider lens-I
believe it's a 35mm,but I'm not sure.
If you like shooting pans I think you'd like the feel of this camera.
It's almost like using 2 Hexar RF's side by side :>))

MarkT

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica]Xpan and such)