Subject: Re: [Leica] New SMC Pentax-L 43mm F1.9 Special + viewfinder for Leica
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:32:26 -0400

Lucien-
I know! I know! I too hear from those who say- "If you are going to use a
LEica, use Leica lenses- what fiddle with anything else!?" and I still say,
it's fun to see what other thing may come!
What gets my goat is that these makers are just doing a couple of thousand,
for the collectors it appears, and if any of us pedestrian, everyday Leica
wonks who wanted to try these lenses, it would be an expensive adventure.
Cosina and the Skopar and Heliar seem to have the right idea- make a bunch,
charge a relatively decent price, and have them in focal lengths that are
the most used, as well as some useful wideangles. I know that even though I
use a 35mm most of the time, I will never really be able to convince
SheWhoMustBeObeyed that I really really NEED as 21mm SA! I can, on the other
hand, probably convince her that I really need a Skopar or Heliar, and that
even if I don't use it all the time, it would be a handy lens to own....
and, not too dear (Trop cher?)
If I am going to spend BIG bucks on a lens, I'd rather take the $1400 and
buy a used Leica lens!
Just an opinion.
Dan Post