Subject: Re: [Leica] 3200 rating
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:49:12 -0700

It's been a couple of years since I shot T-Max 3200 (switched to Delta
3200), but when I did I exposed it at an EI of 3200 and developed per
Kodak's recommended time and temperature in T-Max developer (these days, I
might use Xtol). I didn't really like going for the higher indices, though
many people do so with some success. Oddly for a negative film, I got best
results when I metered with an incident meter, as giving too much exposure
can lead to blown-out highlights. Both T-Max 3200 and Delta 3200 give
phenomenal results in dim light---you'll see stuff in the negatives and the
prints that you weren't aware of when you took the shot.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.