Subject: Re: [Leica] plastic verses metal (sextants)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:18:53 -0600

A few comments. This is entirely anecdotal and subjective, the writer does
not even say if they have actually compared metal and plastic sextants under
similar conditions. Second, it is possible to tailor the composition of
synthetics to suit many thermal requirements, just ask NASA. Even the
assumption that "metal" is heavier is not correct. It depends on the metal
in question. I understand what the writer is trying to say and probably even
agree with them but the quality of their arguments is very poor.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] plastic verses metal (sextants))